Mary Hope Schwoebel
Mary Hope Schwoebel is a USIP "program officer in the Education and Training Center/International. She holds a Ph.D. in conflict analysis and resolution from George Mason University and an M.Ed. in adult and non-formal education from the University of California, Davis. Her dissertation was entitled Nation-building in the Lands of the Somalis and compared three state-building and peacebuilding interventions in terms of how they negotiated Somali, Islamic, and Western models of governance and conflict resolution. For the past ten years Mary Hope has worked as a consultant for international organizations. Most recently, she worked for the UN Development Program where she contributed to the development of a global policy on community security and social cohesion and for USAID and its partners. She also conducted peace and conflict assessments and evaluations around the world, including South Asia, South America, East and West Africa, Turkey, Guyana, and Indonesia.
"Prior to that she lived and worked in Africa for six years and South America for five years. She has taught peace and conflict studies, international relations, and foreign policy as adjunct faculty at American, Georgetown, and George Mason universities. She has over 25 years of experience as a trainer for multilateral and non-governmental organizations in conflict management, disaster management, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, peacebuilding and development."  Full CV
- Consultant, International Alert, Nairobi Kenya, September 2006.
- Peacebuilding Training Consultant, Pact. Nepal. December 2005-June 2006.
- Team Leader, Gender and Peace and Conflict Impact Assessments, Chemonics International. Nigeria, April 2005.
- Trainer, Chemonics International. Washington, DC. September-November 2004.
- Adjunct Faculty, Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution (ICAR), George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, January 2000-June 2001.
- Trainer, Advanced Training of Trainers on Resolving Violent Conflicts, Alliance for Conflict Transformation/Partners for Democratic Change, Lithuania, November 2000.
- Trainer, United States Institute for Peace, Ivory Coast, July-September 1999.
- Baha'i Award for Excellence, 1999-2000.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Mary Hope Schwoebel, ISIP, accessed April 3, 2009.