Massachusetts ALEC Politicians
ALEC is a corporate bill mill. It is not just a lobby or a front group; it is much more powerful than that. Through ALEC, corporations hand state legislators their wishlists to benefit their bottom line. Corporations fund almost all of ALEC's operations. They pay for a seat on ALEC task forces where corporate lobbyists and special interest reps vote with elected officials to approve “model” bills. Learn more at the Center for Media and Democracy's ALECexposed.org, and check out breaking news on our PRWatch.org site.
For a list of politicians with known ALEC ties, please see ALEC Politicians.
This is a partial list of Massachusetts politicians that are known to be involved in, or previously involved in, the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC). It is a partial list. (If you have additional names, please add them with a citation. The names in this original list were verified as of posting.)
Legislators who have cut ties with ALEC publicly are also listed here.
Massachusetts Legislators with ALEC Ties
House of Representatives
- Rep. Joseph McKenna (R-18)
- Rep. Hannah Kane (R-11)
- Rep. Shawn Dooley (R-9)
- Rep. Nicholas A. Boldyga (R-3), former State Chairman (the position is vacant as of May 2014)
- Rep. Kate Campanale (R-17), registered member
- Rep. Peter Durant (R-06), registered member
- Rep. Kevin Honan (D-17) 
No known Senators as of July 2019.
- Late-rep. James R. Miceli (D-19) 
- Rep. Duane Quam (R-25A)
- Former Speaker Thomas M. Finneran 
- Rep. William McManus 
- Rep. Harriett L. Stanley (D-2), former State Chairman (the position is vacant as of May 2014)
- Rep. Bruce E. Tarr (R) House Minority Leader 
- Rep. Warren E Tolman 
- Rep. Patricia A. Walrath 
- Jamie Corey NEW ALEC MEMBERSHIP LIST NAMES MORE LEGISLATORS TIED TO THE GROUP Documented June 6, 2019
- American Legislative Exchange Council, "Solutions for the States," 38th Annual Meeting agenda, on file with CMD, August 3-6, 2011
- American Legislative Exchange Council, "ALEC State Chairmen, organization website, accessed April 2012
- American Legislative Exchange Council, State Chairmen, organizational website, accessed May 6, 2014.
- American Legislative Exchange Council, Sourcebook, annual organizational publication, 1995
- American Legislative Exchange Council, Letter to Google, signatory letter to Google, September 24, 2014.
- American Legislative Exchange Council, ’99 ALEC Leaders in the States, organizational document, archived by the Wayback Machine December 8, 2000, accessed November 2012