McGuire/Woods Consulting, LLC.
McGuire/Woods Consulting is a public affairs, corporate crisis management and "grassroots issue management" firm with offices in Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Chicago, Richmond (Virginia), Springfield (Illinois) and Tyson's Corner (Virginia).
Former Democratic congressman from Virginia L.F. Payne is President and a member of the Executive Committee of McGuir/Woods. Payne was a strongly pro-tobacco legislator who led a drive to collect signatures from more than 120 legislators to oppose the Food and Drug Administration efforts to regulate cigarettes and reduce sales of cigarettes to minors.  Payne was also instrumental in leading opposition to President Clinton's 1992 plan to raise the federal excise tax on cigarettes to pay for universal health care for Americans. 
- L. F. Payne
- Washington Square
- 1050 Connecticut Avenue N.W., Suite 1200
- Washington, DC 20036-5317
- Telephone: 202.857.2903
- Fax: 202.857.1737
- email: lfpayneATmwcllc.com (substitute an "@" sign for "AT")
- "Congressmen Submit Letter Against FDA Proposal: Virginia's L.F. Payne Helped Collect More Than 120 Legislators Names on Their Letter", The Virginian-Pilot, January 3, 1996.
- L.F. Payne, "Statement Of Congressman L.F. Payne On The Administration's Financing Provisions For Health Reform Before The Ways and Means Committee", Bates Number: 89735034/5035, November 18, 1993.
- Nancy Watzman, Jay Youngclaus and Jennifer Shecter, "Vote Index: A Smokin' Debate", Money in Politics Alert, Open Secrets, Vol. 2, Number 19, June 17, 1996.