Media and Democracy Coalition
(Redirected from Media & Democracy Coalition)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Media and Democracy Coalition "is a collaboration of twenty-five local and national organizations committed to promoting open and equal access to a democratic media system that serves the public interest. Our current priorities include:
- Opening the media system to all perspectives and competing voices by promoting diversity of ownership and content, while stopping media consolidation and monopoly control of the public airwaves.
- Bridging the digital divide by guaranteeing that Internet access is fast, affordable, and accessible to all, and promoting public efforts to create such networks." 
The Media & Democracy Coalition is governed by a 7 member Executive Committee and 25 member Steering Committee. 
- Michael Bracy - Policy Director, Future of Music Coalition
- Michael Calabrese - Vice President, Director of the Wireless Future Program, New America Foundation
- Jeffrey Chester - Executive Director, Center for Digital Democracy
- Lauren Coletta* - Director of Media Program, Common Cause
- Inja Coates - Director, Media Tank
- Mark Cooper - Director of Research, Consumer Federation of America
- Malkia Cyril - Director, Youth Media Council
- Lauren-Glenn Davitian - Executive Director, CCTV
- Helen Dimichiel - Co-Director, National Alliance for Media Arts and Culture
- Inez Gonzalez* - Director of Media Policy, National Hispanic Media Coalition
- Yolanda Hippensteele - Outreach Director
- Gene Kimmelman* - Vice President for Federal and International Affairs, Consumers Union
- Cheryl Leanza - Managing Director, United Church of Christ, Office of Communication, Inc.
- Ed Mierzwinski* - Consumer Program Director, U.S.PIRG
- Anthony Riddle - Executive Director, Alliance for Community Media
- Jonathan Rintels - President & Executive Director, Center for Creative Voices in Media
- Tracy Rosenberg - Managing Director, Media Alliance
- Hannah Sassaman* - Program Director, Prometheus Radio Project
- Andy Schwartzman* - President & CEO, Media Access Project
- Karen Toering - Co-Director, Reclaim the Media
- Corrine Yu* - Director of Special Projects, Leadership Conference on Civil Rights
(* Denotes Members of the Executive Committee)
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- ↑ Who We Are, Media and Democracy Coalition, accessed January 29, 2008.
- ↑ Steering Committee, Media and Democracy Coalition, accessed January 29, 2008.