Mississippi Gasification SNG
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
The DOE's media release stated that Leucadia Energy and Denbury Onshore "will demonstrate advanced technologies that capture and sequester CO2 emissions from an industrial source. Mississippi Gasification LLC, a Leucadia affiliate, is building a petcoke-to-substitute natural gas plant in Moss Point, Miss., to demonstrate large-scale recovery, purification and compression of 4 million tons per year of CO2." (Denbury Onshore is a subsidiary of Denbury Resources, an independent oil and gas company specialising in enhanced oil recovery.
Articles and resources
- "Secretary Chu Announces First Awards from $1.4 Billion for Industrial Carbon Capture and Storage Projects", Media Release, October 2, 2009.
- Denbury Resources, "Corporate Governance", Denbury Resources website, accessed July 2010.
Related SourceWatch articles
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Carbon Capture and Storage demonstration projects worldwide
- Carbon Capture and Storage in the United States