Mokpo Port is in South Jeolla Province, South Korea.
The Port of Mokpo's Samhak Wharf contains four berths totaling 793 meters in length with total annual handling capacity for 1.4 million tonnes of grains, coal, and general cargoes. In 2014 a new coal handling terminal was under construction by CJ Group at the port, with an expected completion date of 2017.
- Operator: Mokpo Regional Maritime Affairs and Port Office
- Location: South Jeolla Province, South Korea
- Existing Capacity (Million tonnes per annum):
- Additional Proposed Capacity (Million tonnes per annum):
- Status: New coal terminal under construction
- Projected In Service: 2017
- Type: Imports
- Source of Coal: Canada, Australia
- Cost of Expansion: US$50 million
- Financing for Expansion:
Articles and resources
- "Mokpo," Port of Mokpo, accessed May 2015
- "CJ Group to invest 180 billion won in Gunsan and Mokpo area to boost domestic market," WhoWiredKorea, 9/29/2014