Morehead State University Heating Plant
In the fall of 2008, President Andrews of Kentucky's Morehead State University reported that the college had received $6 million from the state legislature to replace the environmental controls at the central heating plant, and that the work was underway.
- Fall Convocation Speech, posted August 17, 2008
Related SourceWatch articles
- Campus coal plants
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Opposition to existing coal plants
- Coal and jobs
- Coal-fired power plant capacity and generation
- Coal phase-out
- Coal plant conversion projects
- Coal plants near residential areas
- Anne C. Mulkern, "Colleges Are Battlegrounds for Coal Fight," Greenwire, October 14, 2009.
- Campuses Beyond Coal Campaign, Sierra Club, September 2009.
- "DOE Announces Winners of Annual University Coal Research Grants," July 7, 2005.
- American College & University Presidents Climate Commitment