Ms. Foundation for Women
(Redirected from Ms. Foundation)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Ms. Foundation for Women "has been creating opportunities for women and girls for 30 years. We know that when we invest in women and girls, helping them develop their voices and skills, everyone benefits—men, boys, families, and communities." 
In 2000 they received $400,000 "For a national campaign to shift public debate about living wages for low-income workers" and a further $100,000 "To document lessons learned from the Collaborative Fund for Healthy Girls/Healthy Women" from the Ford Foundation. 
- Sara K. Gould - President and Chief Executive Officer
- Andrea Briscoe - Director of Human Resources
- Caroline Hotaling - Executive Assistant to the President
Board of Directors
- Katie Grover, CSW - Chair of the Board of Directors, Member, MFW Diversity Committee, Member, Presidential Review Committee
- Beth Sawi - Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors, Executive Vice President (retired), Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
- Rob McKay - Treasurer of the Board of Directors, Chair, Finance & Investment Committee, Member, Presidential Review Committee, President, McKay Foundation
- Lindsay D. Shea - Secretary of the Board of Directors, Trustee, Three Bridge Trust Youth Justice Funding Collaborative
- Judy Belk - Co-Chair of the Board Development Committee, Vice President & Senior Philanthropic Advisor, Rockefeller Philanthropic Advisors
- Michael J. Campbell - Co-Chair, Campaign Executive Committee (Endowment), Member, Finance & Investment Committee, Member, Audit Committee
President & CEO, Dominick & Dominick LLC
- Anne Delaney - Artist & Founder, Starry Night Fund of the Tides Foundation
- Phoebe Eng - Creative Director, The Opportunity Agenda
- Donald McPherson - Executive Director, Sports Leadership Institute, Adelphi University
- Sara Melendez - Member, Board Development Committee, Member, Campaign Executive Committee (Endowment), Research Professor, George Washington University
- Wenda Weekes Moore - Chair, Audit Committee, Trustee, W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Kathleen Stephansen - Director of Global Economics, Credit Suisse Securities LLC
- Dorothy Q. Thomas - Independent Consultant
- David Armstrong, A Trumpet to Arms: Alternative Media in America (South End Press, 1981).
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- Idelisse Malave - Former Vice President
- Gloria Steinem - Founding President
- Jean Shinoda Bolen - former board member
- Margaret L. Hempel - former vice president
- ↑ Mission, Ms. Foundation for Women, accessed July 4, 2007.
- ↑ 2000 Annual Report, Ford Foundation, accessed July 4, 2007.