N-Viro International Corporation
N-Viro International Corporation is a publicly traded company (symbol: NVIC) that produces and sells products made from municipal sewage sludge, including N-Viro Soil and N-Viro BioBlend. According to its website:
- "The N-Viro technologies involve the mixing of municipal bio solids with specific alkaline waste products from the coal combustion electric generation, cement and lime industries. This process stabilizes organic waste thru pasteurization and complete disinfection."
According to N-Viro's website:
- "Historically, N-Viro has operated an N-Viro Soil processing facility under contract with the City of Toledo. Our technology has been licensed through-out the United States and internationally with overwhelming success. Recently N-Viro acquired the Volusia County facility located in Daytona, Florida. Our Florida N-Viro facility processes municipal bio solids into N-Viro Soil from many municipalities in the central Florida area."
Bio solids, more commonly written as "biosolids," refers to sewage sludge.
N-Viro is also working on a product called N-Viro Fuel, using both sewage sludge and manure along with coal in a power plant.
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Sewage sludge
- Food Rights Network
- Sewage sludge giveaways, producers, and brands
- The EPA's plan to bypass opposition to sewage sludge disposal
- Water Environment Federation
- You say biosolids, I say sewage sludge
- Marie Kulick, Smart Guide on Sludge Use and Food Production, Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy, 2008.
- Targeted National Sewage Sludge Survey: EPA-822-R-08-016 and EPA-822-R-08-018, EPA, January 2009.
- Environmental Working Group, Dumping Sewage Sludge On Organic Farms? Why USDA Should Just Say No, April, 1998.
- Environmental Working Group, Routes of Exposure sewage sludge: EWG Research on Chemicals in sewage sludge, April 30, 1998.