Nagpur-Umrer coal mines
The Nagpur-Umrer coal mines are a 8 million ton-per-annum (MTPA) network of mines on the Umrer Makardhokra, Kamptee, and Bokhara coalfields in Maharashtra state, India.
The map below shows the location of the Nagpur-Umrer coal mining area, in Nagpur district, Maharashtra state. The Kamptee and Bokhara coalfields of Nagpur Area are to the north of the city of Nagpur, and the Umrer Makardhokra field is to its south.
Background on Mine
The 8 million ton-per-annum Nagpur-Umrer coal mines are owned by Western Coalfields Limited (a subsidiary of state-owned Coal India). The mining area is separated into the Umrer Makardhokra, Kamptee, and Bokhara coalfields.
- Sponsor: Western Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Nagpur district, Maharashtra state, India
- Coordinates: 20.95, 79.05 (approximate) (20.5-21.4 N, 78.7-79.4 E)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 8 MTPA
- Reserves: 3,485 MT (1,594 MT proven, 1,208 MT indicated, 686 MT inferred)
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method:
- Source of financing: