National Council of Women's Organizations
The National Council of Women's Organizations (NCWO) "is a nonpartisan, nonprofit umbrella organization of more than 200 groups, which collectively represent over 10 million women across the country. It is the only national coalition of its kind.
"NCWO grew out of an informal group of women's organizational leaders after defeat of the Equal Rights Amendment in 1983. NCWO has grown steadily and become stronger each year. Capitalizing on the energy and inspiration following the 1995 Beijing Conference, NCWO has taken an active, powerful role in the policy arena, uniting women’s groups across the country to work together to advance a progressive women’s agenda." 
Accessed September 2010: 
- Chair - Susan Scanlan - President, Women's Research & Education Institute (WREI)
- Vice Chair - Shireen Mitchell - Executive Officer, Digital Sisters; President, Community Technology Centers' Network (CTCNet)
- Treasurer/Secretary - Heidi Hartman - President, Institute for Women's Policy Research (IWPR)
- Kathy Bonk - Executive Director, Communications Consortium Media Center
- Kim Gandy - President Emerita, NOW
- Eleanor Hinton Hoytt - President and CEO, Black Women’s Health Imperative
- Natasha Kalteis - Executive Director, General Federation of Women’s Clubs
- Roslyn Ridgeway - Immediate Past National President, Business and Professional Women/USA
- Vicki Saporta - President and CEO, National Abortion Federation
- Eleanor Smeal - President, Feminist Majority Foundation
- Charleta Bell Taveras - President, Women's Action for New Directions (WAND)
Task Force Directors
- Martha Burk - NCWO Chair Emerita; Chair, Corporate Accountability Task Force; and Consultant
- Shannon Lynberg - National Director, Younger Women's Task Force
Resources and articles
- ↑ History, National Council of Women's Organizations, accessed September 14, 2010.
- ↑ Executive Committee, National Council of Women's Organizations, accessed September 14, 2010.