National Missile Defense: Government Documents
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are Government Documents related to National Missile Defense:
- "Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty (1972)"; Full Text of the Treaty; Address to the American People about Ballistic Missile Defense on U.S. Withdrawal, May 1, 2001; and Russian President Vladimir Putin's response to the U.S. decision to withdraw from the ABM treaty, December 13, 2001. Documents posted at atomicarchive.com'.
- Memorandum of Understanding: Treaty Between The United States of America and The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics on the Elimination of Their Intermediate-Range and Shorter-Range Missiles, Bureau of Arms Control, signed by U.S. President Ronald Reagan and General Secretary of the Central Committee of the CPSU Mikhail Gorbachev at Washington, DC, December 8, 1987; Ratification advised by U.S. Senate May 27, 1988; Instruments of ratification exchanged June 1, 1988; Entered into force June 1, 1988; and Proclaimed by U.S. President December 27, 1988.
- "Report of the Defense Science Board Task Force on Space and Missile Tracking System," Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Technology, August 1996.
- Legislative Notice: "S. 1873 - The American Missile Protection Act of 1998," Senate Republican Policy Committee website, May 8, 1998.
- "National Missile Defense: Even With Increased Funding, Technical and Schedule Risks Are High (Letter Report, GAO/NSIAD-98-153), General Accounting Office (GA0), June 23, 1998 (FAS website).
- Declaration of Policy of the United States Concerning National Missile Defense Deployment, Report of the Committee on Armed Services, U.S. House of Representatives, H.R.4, 106th Congress, March 2, 1999 (Committed to the Committee of the Whole House on the State of the Union and ordered to be printed.); copy of Report 106-39, Part 1, Government Printing Office.
- "Missile Defense: Status of the National Missile Defense Program (Letter Report, GAO/NSIAD-00-131), General Accounting Office, May 31, 2000 (FAS website); Report (pdf).
- "Bush Administration: Statements on Missile Defense, 2001 (by the month), Carnegie Endowment for International Peace website.
- "The Coyle Report: A Comprehensive Pentagon Study Criticizing the National Missile Defense Test Program, from the Director of Operational Test and Evaluation, Defense Department," August 10, 2000, released May 31, 2001.
- "National Missile Defense," PBS Online NewsHour website. Extensive links to PBS focus segments, including:
- "President Bush formally announces the U.S. intention to withdraw from the 1972 Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty," December 13, 2001, and "Following President Bush's announcement that the U.S. would withdraw from the ABM treaty, Russian President Vladimir Putin spoke to his nation about the U.S. move."
- White House Press Release: "President Announces Progress in Missile Defense Capabilities," December 17, 2002.
- White House Fact Sheet: "National Policy on Ballistic Missile Defense Fact Sheet," May 20, 2003.
- "Additional Knowledge Needed in Developing System for Intercepting Long-Range Missiles," Government Accounting Office, August 2003; Report to the Ranking Minority Member, Subcommittee on Financial Management, the Budget, and International Security, Committee on Governmental Affairs, U.S. Senate.
- "Missile Defense: The Current Debate," Congressional Record Service, August 21, 2003; Coordinated by Steven A. Hildreth, Specialist in National Defense, Foreign Affairs, Defense, and Trade Division.
- Status of Ballistic Missile Defense Program in 2004 (GAO-05-243), Government Accounting Office, March 2005.