National Wellness Institute
"The National Wellness Institute, Inc. (NWI) was officially formed in 1977, but held two wellness symposiums (1975 and 1976) prior to the official organizational launch. Originally, the organization was launched under the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (UWSP) Foundation, as the Institute for Lifestyle Improvement. Three UWSP faculty at that time—Dennis Elsenrath, EdD, CWP, director of counseling services; Fred Leafgren, PhD, director of student life; and Bill Hettler, MD, CWP, director of health services—joined together with the idea that we, as humans, could live better, healthier lives through the principles of balance and awareness. "
Accessed February 2013: 
- President - William Baun - Manager, Wellness Program - UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, Chair, CEO Cancer Gold Standard
- Vice President - Craig Washington - Executive Director
Roseland Community Hospital Foundation
- Treasurer - Marty Loy - Dean, College of Professional Studies
University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point, General Board
- Judd Allen - President, Human Resource Institute, LLC
- Bob Boyd - President, National Wellness Institute of Australia, Director, Wellness Communication Solutions, Course Coordinator, Workplace Wellness RMIT Masters of Wellness Program
- Meg Jordan - Dept Chair, Professor, Integrative Health, California Institute of Integral Studies
- John Munson - Professor Emeritus of Health Promotion, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
- George Pfeiffer - President, The Workcare Group, Inc.
- Aldrenna Williams - Senior Associate, Systems Research and Initiatives (SRI), Altarum Institute