National Women's Law Center
"The Center began in 1972, when secretaries at the Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP), one of the first public interest law firms in the country, presented the male attorneys with four demands. They wanted better pay. They wanted CLASP to hire women staff attorneys. They wanted to begin a women’s rights project. And they didn’t want to serve coffee any more.
"These women knew, and the men of CLASP agreed, that it was time to put the law on the side of women and their families. As its first case, the women’s rights project challenged a company policy that excluded pregnancy from disability coverage, which ultimately led to the passage of the Pregnancy Discrimination Act. It was to be the first of many such victories for the project, which became the independent National Women’s Law Center in 1981." 
National Women's Law Center is a member of Health Care for America Now.
Accessed September 2010: 
- Nancy Duff Campbell, Co-President
- Marcia D. Greenberger, Co-President
- Richard I. Beattie - Chairman, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett
- Sheila Birnbaum - Partner, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom
- Brooksley Born, Chair, Board of Directors Retired Partner, Arnold & Porter
- Beth Brooke - Global Vice Chair, Ernst & Young
- Stephen M. Cutler - General Counsel, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Inc.
- Theresa Davis - Partner, Loeb & Loeb
- Natalia Delgado - Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Huron Consulting Group, Inc.
- Nell Hennessy - President & CEO, Fiduciary Counselors, Inc.
- Anita F. Hill - Professor of Law, Social Policy, and Women's Studies, Brandeis University
- Elaine R. Jones - Director-Counsel Emeritus, NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund, Inc.
- Jonathan A. Knee - Senior Managing Director, Evercore Partners
- Deborah Slaner Larkin - Executive Director, USTA Serves
- Goodwin Liu - Associate Dean and Professor of Law, UC-Berkeley School of Law
- Nancy C. Loeb
- Thurgood Marshall, Jr. - Partner, Bingham McCutchen LLP
- John W. Martin, Jr.
- Judith A. Maynes
- Gerald W. McEntee - President, American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees
- Sharon Meers - Author
- Nicole Rabner - Associate, WilmerHale
- Anthony D. Romero - Executive Director, American Civil Liberties Union
- Shirley Sagawa - Founding Partner, Sagawa/Jospin
- Jane Sherburne - Senior Executive Vice President and General Counsel, BNY Mellon
Resources and articles
- Kathy A. Bushkin
- Regan E. Ralph
- National Council of Jewish Women
- June Zeitlin
- Gretchen Borchelt
- Donna E. Shalala
- Health Care for America Now
- United States National Health Care Act: H.R.676