Neo-conservative External Links
Neo-conservative External Links: Also see neo-conservative.
General (undated) resources
- Empire Builders: Neoconservatives and their blueprint for US power, Christian Science Monitor, August 2003.
- Michael Collins Piper, "Conservative' Imperialists Head Bush Administration," American Free Press, no date. (NOTE: The American Free Press has ties to neo-Nazis. This article is interesting mostly as an exercise in how legitimate information from other sources gets used in anti-Semitic propaganda.)
- Inter-Press Service (IPS), Archive of Jim Lobe's stories for IPS. (Jim Lobe, who has worked as IPS' correspondent in the Washington, D.C., bureau for most of the last 23 years, has followed the ups and downs of neo-conservatives since the well before their rise in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001.
- "Neoconservative", Wikipedia,
- "Neoconservatism (United States)", Wikipedia,
- "Understanding Neoconservatism, Political Research Associates, undated, accessed April 2005.
- Chuck Grimes, "Some Thoughts on Neoconservatism", Political Research Associates, undated, accessed April 2005.
- Leon T. Hadar, The "Neocons": From the Cold War to the "Global Intifada", Washington Report on Middle East Affairs, April 1991. (Hadar is Research Fellow at the Cato Institute and a correspondent for the Singapore Business Times).
- William Kristol and Robert Kagan, Toward a Neo-Reaganite Foreign Policy, reprint from Foreign Affairs, July/August 1996.
- Samuel Francis, "Neo-Con Invasion", The New American, August 5, 1996. (This gives the John Birch Society view of neoconservatism).
- John F. McManus, "The Pied Pipers of Neoconservatism", The New American, August 13, 2001.
- Tom Barry and Jim Lobe, "The Men Who Stole the Show, Foreign Policy in Focus, 2002.
- Jim Lobe, "The War on Dissent Widens, AlterNet, March 12, 2002.
- Neil Seeman, What "Neoconservative Agenda"?, National Review, March 6, 2002. (Seeman is policy analyst at the Canadian think tank, the Fraser Institute).
- Dana Millbank, 'Bush's Blunder' May Be Kristol's Inside Influence, The Washington Post, March 19, 2002.
- Justin Raimondo, Our Hijacked Foreign Policy. Neoconservatives take Washington - Baghdad is next, Antiwar.com, March 25, 2002.
- Tom Barry and Jim Lobe, "U.S. Foreign Policy — Attention, Right Face, Forward March", Policy Report, Foreign Policy in Focus, April 2002.
- David Harsanyi, "Beware the Neocons", FrontPageMag.com, August 13, 2002.
- Jan Jarboe Russell, "Bush's top Iraq hawks haven't been to war", Seattlepi.com, Friday, September 6, 2002. (This is the website of the Seattle Post Intelligencer).
- "Scott Ritter on the Situation in Iraq," Current Concerns, no. 7, 2002.
- Ian Lustick, "Neo-conservative 'Cabal' & US/Iraq", Middle East Policy Council, October 1, 2002.
- Jill Junnola, Perspective: Who funds whom?, Campus Watch from Energy Compass, October 4, 2002.
- Lynn Walsh, "The fundamentalists in the White House", Socialism Today, November 2002.
- Richard Perle: The Making of a Neoconservative, Interview with Richard Perle on Think Tank with Ben Wattenberg, PBS, November 14, 2002.
- Ahmad Faruqui, "A Triumphant Call To Arms. The Apocalyptic Agenda Of The Neo-Conservatives", TomPaine.com, November 27, 2002. (Faruqui is a fellow at the American Institute of International Studies in California).
- Ahmad Faruqui, "The Writings of America's Neo-Conservatives", PakistanLink, December 2002.
- Thomas Fleming, The Despair of the Neoconservatives, Hard Right, Chronicles Magazine, December 24, 2002. (Chronicles Magazines is a publication of the Rockford Institute).
- Ahmad Faruqui, "The Apocalyptic Vision of the Neo-Conservative Ideologues", CounterPunch, November 26, 2002.
- Charles Krauthammer, "Lott and the Right", Washington Post, December 20, 2002.
- David Frum, "Who's Who: Jonah's Right", National Review, December 20, 2002.
- Max Boot, "What the Heck Is a 'Neocon'?", Opinion Journal, WSJ.com, December 30, 2002.
- Sam Francis, "'Neo-conservatives' vs. the Real McCoy", VDARE.com, January 16, 2003.
- Jim Lobe, "Military spending is inadequate: Hawks tell Bush", Inter-Press Service, January 27, 2003.
- Paul Gottfried, Rethinking the Globalist Right, Chronicles Magazine, February 6, 2003.
- Thomas Fleming, Revenge of the (Neocon) Nerds, "Hard Right", Chronicles Magazine, February 14, 2003.
- Jim Lobe, "U.S. Troops Take 19th-Century 'Monroe Doctrine' Global", Inter Press Service, February 22, 2003.
- Jim Lobe, Bush Channels Neoconservative Vision, AlterNet, February 27, 2003 / GWB address to American Enterprise Institute.
- Adam James Jentleson,"The Neo-Conservative Revival", Columbia Spectator, March 7, 2003.
- Jim Lobe, Family ties connect US right, Zionists, Dawn.com, March 9, 2003.
- Ahmad Faruqui, "How not to sell a war", Aljazeerah.com, Op-Ed, March 14, 2003.
- Jim Lobe, "US hawks unleash public opinion war", Asia Times On-line, March 14, 2003.
- Thomas Fleming, NRO at War: A Response to David Frum, "Hard Right", Chronicles Magazine, March 21, 2003.
- Jim Lobe, "All in the Neocon Family", AlterNet, March 26, 2003.
- Joshua Micah Marshall, "Practice to Deceive," The Washington Monthly, March 27, 2003.
- Bruce Murphy, Neoconservative clout seen in U.S. Iraq policy, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel On-line, April 5, 2003.
- Michael Lind, "How Neoconservatives Conquered Washington - and Launched a War," Antiwar.com, April 10, 2003. (Originally published in Salon.com.)
- William Pfaff, The Neoconservative Agenda: Which Country is Next on the List?, Common Dreams, April 10, 2003. (Originally published in International Herald Tribune).
- Henry Porter, Left Should Dispel the Notion that Neocons Are Invincible, Palestine Chronicle Online, April 27, 2003. (Originall published in The Guardian).
- Justin Raimondo, NEOCONS IN DENIAL. It's a 'conspiracy theory' to blame neocons for the war - even though they spent the last decade agitating for it, Antiwar.com, April 30, 2003.
- Ahmad Faruqui, Battling for the soul of the American republic, Asia Times Online, April 30, 2003.
- Patrick Buchanan, What was Newt Thinking?, The Washington Dispatch, April 30, 2003.
- Jack Beatty, Fatal Vision. Can we control the forces of religion unleashed by the war in Iraq?, The Atlantic Online, May 1, 2003.
- Ted Van Dyk, Forcing a showdown with nuclear-armed North Korea wrong answer, Seattlepi.com, May 1, 2003. Quote from Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage: "It is clear that Mr. Gingrich is off his meds and out of therapy."
- Jim Lobe, Strong Must Rule the Weak, said Neo-Cons' Muse, Inter Press Service, May 7, 2003.
- Maureen Dowd, Yo, Ayatollahs!, The New York Times, May 25, 2003: Punchline: "It is paradoxical that the hawks were passionate about breeding idealism by bringing democracy to the Middle East, but are unconcerned about breeding cynicism by refusing to admit mistakes or overreaching. By the time the C.I.A. delivers its report, it will be time to investigate how our intelligence was hyped in the prelude to the strike on Iran."
- Jenny Strauss Clay, The Real Leo Strauss, The New York Times Op Ed, June 7, 2003.
- Drake Bennett, Critical Mess: How the neocons are promoting nuclear proliferation, The American Prospect, July 1, 2003
- Justin Raimondo, Iraq War Critics Purged. Neocons Are Getting Rid of Their Critics, Ether Zone, August 13, 2003. Article includes numerous internal links to related or explanatory articles.
- Irving Kristol, "The Neoconservative Persuasion: From the August 25, 2003 issue: What it was, and what it is", Weekly Standard, Volume 8, Issue 47, August 25, 2003.
- Timothy Noah, The Neocon Crackup. The Weekly Standard finally recognizes our manpower shortage in Iraq, Slate, September 8, 2003.
- Timothy Noah, Neocons vs. Supply-Siders. The coming war over Iraq, Slate, September 9, 2003.
- Khurram Husain, "Neocons: The Men Behind The Curtain", Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, Vol. 59, No. 6, November/December 2003.
- Jim Lobe, "Neo-Con Collapse in Washington and Baghdad," Inter Press Service, June 1, 2004.
- Tom Barry, "Basic Instincts, Not the Truth: Iraq War Product of Neocon Philosophy of Intelligence", Right Web, February 12, 2004.
- Robert Parry, "Neocon Amorality", ConsortiumNews, March 3, 2005.
- Michael Gawenda, "Neo-cons move on but the tough stance stays", Sydney Morning Herald, April 9, 2005.
- Michael Flynn , "Neocons--Down but Not Out", Right Web, December 15, 2005.
- James Bamford, Iran: The Next War, Rolling Stone, July 26, 2006.