New Hampshire voting issues
This page is part of the Election Protection Wiki,
Election and registration information
For the 2008 election New Hampshire used the following voting machines in addition to hand-counted paper ballots in some counties. For a county-by-county list of the specific machines (and the source for this section) see Verified Voting's Verifier tool.
- Main article: Voting machines
Direct-Recording Electronic (DRE) machines with a paper trail:
Optical scan machines:
Secretary of State William M. Gardner
Elections Division website: http://www.sos.nh.gov/electionsnew.html
- State House, Room 204
- Concord, N.H. 03301
- Phone: 603-271-3242 Fax: 603-271-6316
- Email: Elections@sos.state.nh.us
- For an extensive log of voting machine problems, see the VotersUnite! report on election incidents.
State and local non-governmental election organizations
Democracy for New Hampshire
- Website: Democracy for New Hampshire
League of Women Voters
LWV of New Hampshire, Jane Armstrong, President
- 4 Park Street, Suite 200
- Concord, NH 03301-6313
- Phone: 603-225-5344
- E-mail: email@example.com
Articles and resources
- The main page on election protection and reform organizations.
- All articles in the Election Protection Wiki project.
- For election day: Things citizens can do to monitor elections and If you are told you cannot vote.
- See the VotersUnite! Election Problem Log.
- GoVote.org locates your polling place and other voting information.
- Google map polling locations locates most polling location, may be missing or out of date.
Election Protection hotlines
- 866-OUR-VOTE (National Election Protection Hotline)
- 888-VE-Y-VOTA (Español)
- 800-966-5946 (AALDEF, Asian languages)
- 866-MYVOTE1 (Tom Joyner Hotline - VoterAction, NAACP National Voter Fund)
- 877-523-2792 (ACLU Voting Rights Project Hotline)
- 877-US4-OBAMA (Obama campaign Voter Hotline)
- 866-976-VOTE (McCain campaign Honest and Open Election hotline - leave a message)
- 877-GOCNN08 (CNN Voter Problem Tipline)
- 888-VOTE-TIP (VelvetRevolution Election Protection Hotline for fraud)
- 567-258-VOTE (Twitter Vote Report key in report or leave audio message)
- ACLU's "Know Your Voting Rights - State by State" -- printable brochures summarizing your voting rights, for most states.
- One-page know your rights summaries for 27 states from the AFL-CIO.
- Click here to see the voter ID requirements in all states. From the National Conference of State Legislatures.
Election officials, election reform groups, and elected officials
- Why Tuesday? offers a page for New Hampshire that helps locate New Hampshire's elections officials, election reform groups, and elected officials, as well as a page titled Find a group in your area that lets you find similar information for other states.
- Click here to request an absentee ballot. Go Vote Absentee is a project of the Women Donors Network.
- Information for voters with disabilities from NDRN.
Student voting rights
- See New Hampshire Student Voting Rights for a guide to student voting rights in New Hampshire. See Student Voting Rights for a guide to other states. From the Brennan Center for Justice.
- See how organizations you trust recommend you vote on ballot measures and other statewide contests at TransparentDemocracy.
- Help in other languages from the U.S. Election Assistance Commission. 中文, 日本語, 한국어, Tagalog, Tiếng Việt, Español
- Verified Voting's New Hampshire page, which provides detailed information on voting equipment in use in every county in New Hampshire.
- Election Law @ Moritz's New Hampshire page, which provides detailed information on election law developments in New Hampshire. See map page to see the information for election developments in any given state.
- Election Law @ Moritz's New Hampshire general information page, which provides information on New Hampshire election authorities, post-election processes, and other topics. See map page to see this information for any given state.