Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke, Professor of Western Esotericism and Director of the Exeter Centre for the Study of Esotericism (EXESESO), University of Exeter. He write: "My current research interests include globalization of esotericism in modernity; Paracelsica; Rosicrucianism; Hermeticism, pietism and alchemy in the Enlightenment era; esotericism and modern political ideology; conspiracy theory," 
- The Western Esoteric Traditions: A Historical Introduction, New York, Oxford University Press, 2008.
- Rudolf Steiner (Western Esoteric Masters), North Atlantic Books,U.S., 2005.
- Helena Blavatsky., North Atlantic Books, 2004.
- The Occult Roots of Nazism: Secret Aryan Cults and Their Influence on Nazi Ideology, London, I. B. Tauris, 2004.
- Helena Blavatsky (Western Esoteric Masters), Berkeley, CA, North Atlantic, 2004.
- Black Sun: Aryan Cults, Esoteric Nazism, and the Politics of Identity, New York, New York University Press, 2003. Review
- Paracelsus, Berkeley, CA, North Atlantic, 1999.
- Hitler's Priestess: Savitri Devi, the Hindu-Aryan myth, and neo-Nazism, New York, New York University Press, 1998.
Current PhD students
- Orlando Fernandez, ‘Esotericism and Quantum Theories, 1960-2010: a study of David Bohm’ [co-supervised with Prof. Andrew Pickering]
- Tim Rudbøg, ‘The construction of Helena Blavatsky’s Theosophy’
- Arabella De Steiger-Khandwala, ‘Building the Cosmic Temple: Platonic Theories of Universal Harmony in medieval Christian and Islamic architecture with special reference to the Madinat al-Zahra, Córdoba’ [co-supervised with Prof. Simon Barton]
- Georgiana (Jo) Hedesan, ‘The Vision of a “Christian Philosophy”: Christianity and Medical Alchemy in the Thought of Jan Baptista Van Helmont (1579-1644)’
- Dr Simon Magus, ‘Esoteric Thought in the Life and Work of Henry Rider Haggard’
- Prof. Malcolm Peet, ‘Intellectual Biography of John Garth Wilkinson (1812-1899)’
- Jeffrey D. Lavoie, ‘Blavatsky’s Use of Time: Sources and Implications of Temporality in Modern Theosophy’
- Lori Lee Oates, ‘The Transmission of French Occultism to Britain, 1850-1918’
Resources and articles
- European Society for the Study of Western Esotericism - member
- Eric Kurlander, "Hitler's Monsters: The Occult Roots of Nazism and the Emergence of the Nazi 'Supernatural Imaginary'" German History 30 (2012), 528-49.