North Atlantic Books
"Founded in 1974, North Atlantic Books has been located in Berkeley, California since 1977. Over this period, North Atlantic has become a leading publisher of alternative health, martial arts, and spiritual titles...In 1964, while attending Amherst and Smith Colleges in Massachusetts, Richard Grossinger (a cultural anthropologist and writer) and Lindy Hough (a poet and writer) founded Io, an alternative college literary magazine, with the help of poets like Robert Kelly, Charles Stein, and Nels Richardson. Over the next decade Io became a counter-cultural journal mixing literature, science, and history, as it came out of Michigan, Maine, and Vermont with issues such as Alchemy, Doctrine of Signatures, Ethnoastronomy, Oecology, Dreams, Earth Geography, and The Olson-Melville Sourcebooks. The forerunner of such magazines as Whole Earth Review, New Age, Gnosis, and The Sun, Io had a seminal role in publishing poets and artists in the Black Mountain and New American Poetry traditions. It also was the first place of publication for novelists Stephen King and Jayne Anne Phillips and launched as well the work of writers as diverse as David Wilk, Rob Brezsny, and Phoebe Gloeckner. From the seed of Io germinated North Atlantic Books. During its brief infancy in Vermont, North Atlantic's original authors included Bernadette Mayer, Diane di Prima, Gerrit Lansing, Theodore Enslin, Bobby Byrd, Don Byrd, and Edward Sanders...
"North Atlantic Books was incorporated in 1980 within the Society for the Study of Native Arts and Sciences, a 501(c)(3) non-profit educational organization. The Society's goals are to develop an educational and cross-cultural perspective that links scientific, social, and artistic fields; to nurture a holistic view of arts, sciences, humanities, and healing; and to publish and distribute literature on the relationship of mind, body, and nature.
"Frog Books was founded in 1993 as a sister company but now functions as an imprint of North Atlantic under the name Frog Books. Named for the bellweather species reflecting the destruction of the environment, Frog reminds us of the fragility of our world. Reminding us of the sacred, atavistic, and colorful, Frog shares North Atlantic's publishing and educational goals.
"Blue Snake Books was developed out of Frog Books, in 2005 as a martial arts imprint and is presently the largest publisher of internal and historical martial arts books in the world.
"EVOLVER EDITIONS was launched in 2011 as a collaboration between North Atlantic Books and Evolver, LLC. EVOLVER EDITIONS presents leading voices of the transformational movement, the new spiritual counterculture that explores humanity's most visionary potential and the tangible, pragmatic steps we can take to access it." 
- Richard Grossinger – Publisher/CEO
- Cave and Cosmos: Shamanic Encounters with Another Reality, Written by Michael Harner
- The Tibetan Book of the Dead: Awakening Upon Dying, Written by Padmasambhava and Karma Lingpa, Translated by Elio Guarisco and Nancy Simmons, Introduction by Chogyal Namkhai Norbu
- Radical Passion: Sacred Love and Wisdom in Action, Written by Andrew Harvey
- Dark Pool of Light, Volume Two: Consciousness in Psychospiritual and Psychic Ranges, Written by Richard Grossinger, Foreword by John Friedlander and Kenneth Warren
- The Secret Tradition of the Soul, Written by Patrick Harpur
- Psychedelic Shamanism, Updated Edition: The Cultivation, Preparation, and Shamanic Use of Psychotropic Plants, Written by Jim DeKorne
- The Tao of Democracy: Using Co-Intelligence to Create a World that Works for All, Written by Tom Atlee
- Longevity Now: A Comprehensive Approach to Healthy Hormones, Detoxification, Super Immunity, Reversing Calcification, and Total Rejuvenation, Written by David Wolfe
- Collapsing Consciously: Transformative Truths for Turbulent Times, Written by Carolyn Baker, Ph.D., Foreword by John Michael Greer
- The Art of Somatic Coaching: Embodying Skillful Action, Wisdom, and Compassion, Written by Richard Strozzi-Heckler
- Earth Calling: A Climate Change Handbook for the 21st Century, Written by Ellen Gunter and Ted Carter, Foreword by Caroline Myss
- Rainforest Medicine: Preserving Indigenous Science and Biodiversity in the Upper Amazon, Written by Jonathon Miller Weisberger, Illustrated by Pablo Amaringo, Thomas Wang and Agustin Payaguaje, Foreword by Daniel Pinchbeck
EVOLVER EDITIONS 
- Manifesting Minds: A Review of Psychedelics in Science, Medicine, Sex, and Spirituality, Edited by Rick Doblin, Ph.D. and Brad Burge
- Integrated Activism: Applying the Hidden Connections between Ecology, Economics, Politics, and Social Progress, Written by Alexis Zeigler
- The Ascent of Humanity: Civilization and the Human Sense of Self, Written by Charles Eisenstein
- Exploring the Edge Realms of Consciousness: Liminal Zones, Psychic Science, and the Hidden Dimensions of the Mind, Edited by Daniel Pinchbeck and Ken Jordan
- Solar Revolution: Why Mankind Is on the Cusp of an Evolutionary Leap, Written by Dieter Broers, Translated by Robert Nusbaum
- Empowering Public Wisdom: A Practical Vision of Citizen-Led Politics, Written by Tom Atlee
- Nothing and Everything - The Influence of Buddhism on the American Avant Garde 1942 - 1962, Written by Ellen Pearlman
- The Electric Jesus: The Healing Journey of a Contemporary Gnostic, Written by Jonathan Talat Phillips, Introduction by Graham Hancock
- The Four Global Truths: Awakening to the Peril and Promise of Our Times, Written by Darrin Drda
- Manifesto for the Noosphere: The Next Stage in the Evolution of Human Consciousness, Written by Jose Arguelles
Resources and articles
- Dana Ullman
- The Monuments of Mars: A City on the Edge of Forever (5th Edition), Richard C. Hoagland
- North Atlantic Books Company, organizational web page, accessed October 26, 2013.