Operation Desert Shield
For Operation Desert Shield (the first U.S. war in the Persian Gulf in 1990), Philip Morris set up booths at military installations throughout the country to have families of those deployed for Operation Desert Shield record 80,000 holiday greetings to their loved ones in Saudi Arabia in a Marlboro voice-activated Christmas card.
Resources and articles
- "Operation Desert Shield - Marlboro Voice-Activated Christmas Cards - Thank You," Legacy Tobacco Documents Library.
- "The Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm Timeline," American Forces Press Service, August 8, 2000.
- "Desert Storm/Desert Shield Chronology," U.S. Coast Guard IPA.
- Operation Desert Shield, Global Security.
- Jeffrey T. Richelson, ed., "Operation Desert Storm: Ten Years After," National Security Archive Electronic Briefing Book, January 17, 2001.
- Gulf War in the Wikipedia.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|