Operation Iraqi Freedom/External links
|This article is part of SourceWatch and Congresspedia coverage of the
Bush administration's war in Iraq
This article and its sub articles contain external links to articles and resources useful in understanding "Operation Iraqi Freedom." See also the main article on Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom/Related SourceWatch Resources.
The following are links to SourceWatch articles with collections of links regarding Operation Iraqi Freedom:
Beginnings of a quagmire
- Year Five (Part One): March 19, 2007 - April 30, 2007.
- Year Five (Part Two): May through July 2007.
- Year Five (Part Three): Begins with August 1, 2007.
Mapping the violence
- Mapping the Violence, BBC News, begins with May 2003.
Sectarian violence deathcount methodology
- Spencer Ackerman, "Exclusive: Petraeus' Sectarian Death Count Methodology," TPMmuckraker, September 21, 2007. Also see "MNF-I Ethno-sectarian Violence Methodology," Talking Points Memo Document Collection, September 21, 2007.
- Published December 19, 2003: "Faces of Valor: Those killed supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom". Listings can be found both by date and alphabetically.
- "Iraq violence, in figures," BBC News (last updated April 24, 2007).
- IED casualties Since July 2003, icasualties.org.
Timelines & websites
- "Iraq on the Record: The Bush Administration's Public Statements on Iraq" presented by Rep. Henry A. Waxman, House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform website. Searchable by name of Bush administration official, topic, or key word.
- Timeline: War on terror from the Department of Homeland Security web site. March 19, 2003: "President Bush launches Operation Iraqi Freedom to end the regime of Saddam Hussein and its support of terrorism."
- 'Operation Iraqi Freedom': A Compilation of Statements & Reaction to the Beginning of Military Operations, March 19/23, 2003. Comprehensive source for related documents, to include "Beginning of Military Operations: Letter of Notification to the UN Security Council, March 20, 2003" by John Negroponte; "Beginning of Military Operations: Letter of Notification to Congress, March 21" by President Bush, etc.
- Center for Security Policy Timeline of Events, Operation Iraqi Freedom (ends April 21, 2003).
- IWS Iraq Watch.
- 'Operation Iraqi Freedom' : military analysis, war stories, war news specials, war editorials and commentary, MilitaryWeek.com.
- Operation Iraqi Freedom, DefendAmerica.mil.
- U.S. Army home page.