Oxford Policy and Human Development Initiative
The Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI) "is a new economic research centre within the Department of International Development at Oxford University. Led by Sabina Alkire, OPHI advances the human development approach to poverty reduction by fundamental, sustained, and multidisciplinary research that is effectively disseminated. The overall aim is to build and advance a more systematic methodological and economic framework to underlie multidimensional poverty reduction. OPHI’s vision is a world in which decision makers are able to advance people’s capabilities and freedoms, in part because user-friendly research and policy advice is readily available...
"OPHI is a member of the Human Development and Capability Initiative (HDCI), a network of closely collaborating research centres in Pavia Italy, Beijing China, and Cambridge MA USA. HDCI draws upon strategies which have advanced economic ideas deliberately and effectively in the past. These strategies include research coordination, the establishment of research institutions whose agendas span theory and application, effective collaboration with the media and with policy actors, an articulate public vision, and the nurturing of a new generation of scholars and public intellectuals. Both are also related to the Human Development and Capability Association (HDCA).
"OPHI gratefully acknowledges support from the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) in Canada, the UK Department for International Development (DFID), and private benefactors." 
Accessed November 2007: 
- Sabina Alkire - Director
- Maria Ana Lugo - Research Officer
- Emma Samman - Research Officer
- Anna Hiltunen - Project Coordinator
- John Hammock - North American Director
- Paddy Coulter - Director of Communications
- Severine Deneulin - Research Associate
- Proochista Ariana - Researcher
- Diego Zavaleta - Researcher
- Rachael Diprose - Researcher
- Solava Ibrahim - Researcher
- Elizabeth Bruton - Webmaster
- Francesca Salvi - Communications Assistant
- Sudhir Anand - Advisor
- Tony Atkinson - Advisor
- Amartya Sen - Advisor
- Valpy FitzGerald - Advisor
- Ian Goldin - Advisor
- Barbara Harriss-White - Advisor
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- ↑ About OPHI, Oxford Policy and Human Development Initiative, accessed November 21, 2007.
- ↑ People, Oxford Policy and Human Development Initiative, accessed November 21, 2007.