Paiton-2 power station
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
The satellite photo below shows the plant, located in Bhinor Village, Paiton District, Probolinggo Regency, East Java Province. Paiton-1 and Paiton-2 are adjacent to the Paiton-3 power station.
Paiton-2 is part of the 4,945-MW Paiton coal-fired power complex, including the two-unit, 800-MW PLN Paiton plant, owned by PLN; the two-unit, 1,340-MW Paiton-1 plant, owned by GDF Suez; the two-unit, 1,320-MW Paiton-2 plant, owned by Siemens AG and YTL Corporation; and the single-unit, 660-MW PLN Paiton Baru plant, also owned by PLN.
- Sponsor: PT Jawa Power
- Parent company: Bumi Pertiwi Lestari, Marubeni, Siemens, YTL Corporation
- Location: Bhinor Village, Paiton District, Probolinggo Regency, East Java Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -7.715299,113.5857062 (exact)
- Gross Capacity: 2 x 660 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1999
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Paiton II Coal Power Plant Indonesia, Global Energy Observatory, accessed May 2012
- "Coal-Fired Plants Financed by International Public Investment Institutions Since 1994", Appendix to Foreclosing the Future: Coal, Climate and International Public Finance: Investment in coal-fired power plants hinders the fight against global warming, Environmental Defense, April 2009.