Parsodi power station
Parsodi power station is a proposed 900-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Maharashtra, India.
The map below shows the proposed location where the plant would be built near Parsodi village.
Background on Plant
Vidarbha Industries Power Limited (VIPL), a Reliance Group company, has proposed to set up yet a 3 x 300 MW (900 MW total) coal-based power plant near Nagpur. The site is near Sindi Railway, a few kilometers from Butibori, where Reliance has already set up the 600 MW Butibori Power Project in 2012-2013. The company applied for a terms of reference toward an environmental permit in October 2013.
However, as of November 2017 the project has yet to receive any necessary permits, and plans appear to be deferred or abandoned.
- Sponsor: Vidarbha Industries Power
- Parent company: Reliance Power
- Location: Parsodi village, Selu taluk, Wardha district, Maharashtra
- Coordinates: 20.829333, 78.884639 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Capacity: 900 MW (3 x 300 MW)
- Start date:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications: Form 1: Application for Terms of Reference, India MoEF, October 2013
Resources and articles
- Form 1: Application for Terms of Reference, India MoEF, October 2013.