Pathakhera coal mines
The Pathakhera coal mines are a 3 million ton-per-annum (MTPA) network of mines on the Pathakhera coalfield in Madhya Pradesh state, India.
Background on Mine
The Pathakhera coal mines are owned by Western Coalfields Limited (a subsidiary of state-owned Coal India). Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company's Satpura Thermal Power Station is located on the coalfield. Seven underground mines are currently operating on this coalfield.
- Sponsor: Western Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Betul district, Madhya Pradesh state, India
- Coordinates: 22.11, 78.10 (approximate) (22.05-22.17 N, 77.97-78.23 E)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 3 MTPA
- Reserves: 447 MT (291 MT proven, 88 MT indicated, 68 MT inferred)
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: Underground
- Source of financing: