Patricia M. Wald
On February 6, 2004, President George W. Bush named Judge Patricia M. Wald, a former judge on the D.C. Court of Appeals, to the Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction. She is married to Robert L. Wald.
"Wald, a former chief judge for the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, served as a judge on the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia."
- Member of the Human Rights Watch Europe and Central Asia Advisory Committee
- Advisory Board (cochair), New Perimeter 
- Director, American Constitution Society 
- Director, Mental Disability Rights International
- Member of the Honorary 25th Anniversary Committee, Global Rights
- Executive Council, American Society of International Law
"Patricia M. Wald is currently serving on the Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction. She is also the Chair of the Open Society Justice Initiative. She has been a judge on the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia representing the United States, 1999-2001. Judge on District of Columbia Circuit Court of Appeals, 1979-1999, and Chief Judge, 1986-1991. Assistant Attorney General, US Department of Justice, Office of Legislative Affairs, 1977-1979. Practiced public interest law and was a member of national and local criminal policy commissions. Council member and Vice President of American Law Institute, 1988-1998. Traveled and consulted with Eastern European judicial and legal organizations for CEELI-American Bar Association. Authored extensive legal articles on judicial administration, women's rights, international and comparative law, legislative history, criminal procedure, juvenile law, administrative law (environmental review), judicial ethics and mental health law." 
From CNN: Judge Patricia Wald
"Noteworthy: Wald, who has written numerous books on poverty and drug abuse, has almost 20 honorary degrees."
- Judge, International Criminal Tribunal for Former Yugoslavia, 1999-2001
- Judge, let U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit, 1979-99
- Assistant attorney general, Justice Department, 1977-79
See interactive link.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles