Patrick Curry is a "lay Buddhist (Soto Zen) whose teacher was Kobun Chino Otogawa, Roshi...
"Since September 2006 I have been a Lecturer (0.5) in Religious Studies at the University of Kent (Canterbury), where I teach in the MA programme on the Cultural Study of Cosmology and Divination. From 2002-06 I was a Lecturer (0.5) at the Sophia Centre, Bath Spa University College, where I co-taught the MA in Cultural Astronomy and Astronomy. I am also an Honorary Research Fellow in the Department of Archaeology and Anthropology at the University of Wales, Lampeter, during 2008-2010."  book
- Advisory Council, Population Matters
- Member, Alliance for Wild Ethics 
- Editorial Board, Culture and Cosmos 
- Ecological Ethics: An Introduction (Polity Press, 2011).
- Divination (Ashgate, 2010)
- Seeing with Different Eyes: Essays on Astrology and Divination - Co-editor with Angela Voss (Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Press, 2008)
- Sky and Psyche: The Relationship between Cosmos and Consciousness - co-editor with Nicholas Campion (Edinburgh: Floris Books, 2006)
- Ecological Ethics: The First Edition (Cambridge: Polity Press, 2006)
- Astrology, Science and Culture: Pulling Down the Moon - Co-author with Roy Willis, (Oxford: Berg, 2004)
- Defending Middle-Earth: Tolkien, Myth & Modernity ((New York: St Martin’s Press, Edinburgh: Floris, 1997 and London: HarperCollins, 1998); re-issued with a new Afterword (Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2004)