Patrick D. Healy has been a political reporter with the New York Times since 2005. 
"Healy is 33 years old, and was hired from the Boston Globe, which is owned by the New York Times. Unlike Mayor Bloomberg, Healy remains a Red Sox fan. He is known as Patrick D. Healy, because there is already a Pat Healy on the Times, a 23-year-old in the real estate section who will henceforth be styled: Patrick O'Gilfoil Healy. (Sources: Los Angeles Times and interview)"—New York Civic, April 8, 2005.
According to an August 2003 American Society of Newspaper Editors article on Healy, who was then "higher education reporter" at the Boston Globe, he earned a Bachelor’s degree in English from Tufts University. His previous work experience included general assignment reporter with Foster’s Daily Democrat (Dover, NH), political reporter with the Union Leader (Manchester, NH), and as senior editor for politics with the Chronicle of Higher Education.
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Attacks Against Hillary Clinton
- Barack Obama: U.S. presidential election, 2008
- Bush administration smear campaigns: John Forbes Kerry: Latest Headlines; see section Kerry: Remarks re Support by "Foreign Leaders".
- Hillary Clinton: U.S. presidential election, 2008
- "Ask a Pro:" Patrick Healy, High School Journalism.
- Patrick Healy, ASNE, August 18, 2003.
- "Healy Leaving Globe for Times," Boston Irish Times, January 2004.
- "The 2006 Second Annual Left Behinds Hottest Gay Journalist In New York Awards," Left Behinds Blogspot, July 10, 2006.
By Patrick Healy
- Archived articles: The Caucus Blog, New York Times.
- Archived articles: The Empire Zone Blog on New York State politics, New York Times.
- "Conservatives Denounce Dissent," Boston Globe (Common Dreams), November 13, 2001.
Articles & Commentary
- Timothy Noah, "Kerry's Globe Problem. Some of it may not be his fault," Slate, January 21, 2004.
- "A bungled 'quote' from a troubling hopeful returns us to Campaign 2000," The Daily Howler, March 17, 2004.
- Timothy Noah, "Kerry's Globe Problem, Part 2. Editor Martin Baron revives suspicions that the Boston Globe dislikes the presumptive Democratic nominee," Slate, April 13, 2004.
- "Healy vs. Healy, on Hold," Gawker Blog, March 1, 2006.
- Taylor Marsh, "The Tabloid Times Targets Hillary," TaylorMarsh.com, May 23, 2006.
- "Author of NYT tabloid story on Clintons has checkered record," Media Matters for America, May 24, 2006.
- "Author of NY Times Clinton marriage article acknowledged that amount of time Clintons spend together is 'pretty similar' to that of other congressional families," Media Matters for America, June 1, 2006.
- "Deep Thoughts by Pat Healy! No big paper reports as poorly as the New York Times," The Daily Howler, August 7, 2006.
- "NY Times' Healy falsely suggested that Sen. Clinton shifted position on gay marriage, then corrected himself; MSNBC followed suit," Media Matters for America, October 27, 2006.
- Josh Marshall, "Patrick Healy's Over-The-Top Coverage Of Hillary Continues," Talking Points Memo, February 12, 2007.
- "NY Times article falsely suggested Clinton autobiography contradicts her story about seeing MLK," Media Matters for America, March 7, 2007.
- Matt Stoller, "Obama's Pastor Lashes Out at the New York Times," MyDD, March 22, 2007.
- "Citing none, NY Times' Healy claimed '[s]ome uniformed officers' said Clintons are 'more associated with a '60s culture than the military'," Media Matters for America, March 27, 2007.