Patrick Huyghe is a journalist and editor of the The Anomalist, a journal that explores the mysteries of science, nature, and history. His articles have appeared in many publications, including the New York Times . He lives in Putnam Valley, New York.
He was a freelance science journalist for more than two decades during which he also acted as contributing editor to Science Digest and Omni. He has authored numerous books, including a series of field guides to the unknown for Avon and Quill; taught science writing at the college level; produced public TV documentaries for WGBH-Boston and WNET-New York; and written texts and interactive scripts for science exhibits from New Jersey to Malaysia. He is currently the editor-in-chief of Paraview Press and also edits a print and web journal on the mysteries of science, history, and nature called The Anomalist.
- Staff Editor and Writer, 1978-1979: Joined the staff of Us Magazine, which was started by the New York Times as a competitor to People, then left as a Senior Editor at Us and joined Newsweek, working as a Staff Writer on Newsweek Focus.
- "2000-2002: Editor, Paraview Press - Pioneer POD publisher. Titles included Mysterious America by Loren Coleman; The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts by Joe Fisher; Trauma Room One by Charles Crenshaw…
- 2003-2005: Editor, Paraview Pocket Books - A Simon & Schuster imprint. Books published include Entangled Minds by Dean Radin, Brain Trust by Colm Kelleher, Unleashed by Bill Roll and Valerie Story, Hunt for the Skinwalker by Colm Kellher and George Knapp, The Copycat Effect by Loren Coleman
- 2009-to-date: Published quarterly by the Society for Scientific Exploration (SSE) since October 2009.
- 2009-to-date: Production Manager, ICRL Press - An imprint of the International Consciousness Research Laboratories. Books include Consciousness and the Source of Reality by Robert G. Jahn and Brenda J. Dunne, Mediumistic Phenomena by Filippo Bottazzi, Irmeli Routti and Antonio Giuditta, Filters and Reflections by Editors Zachary Jones
- Dennis Stacy, Patrick Huyghe, The Field Guide To UFOs: A Classification Of Various Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Based On Eyewitness Accounts (Quill, 2000) - an imprint of HarperCollins
- coathored books: The Big Splash w/ Dr. Louis A. Frank (1990); Field Guide to Bigfoot w/ Loren Coleman (1999); Field Guide to UFOs w/ Dennis Stacy (2000); Field Guide to Ghosts w/ Hilary Evans (2000); Field Guide to Lake Monsters w/ Loren Coleman (2002).