Patrick P. Meier
"Prior to Harvard, I held research positions at The Fletcher School, the Peace Research Institute, Oslo (PRIO) and Columbia University’s Center for International Conflict Resolution (CICR). As a professional consultant, I have worked on numerous conflict prevention and early warning projects with multiple offices/agencies of United Nations including OCHA, UNDP, UNICEF, UNEP and the UN Millennium Secretariat. I have also worked on early warning projects with the Organization for Cooperation and Security In Europe (OSCE), International Crisis Group (ICG), International Alert (IA) and Swisspeace FAST. I had the opportunity to play an instrumental role in launching West Africa’s regional conflict early warning network (WARN) and was a lead consultant on the Horn of Africa’s Conflict Early Warning and Response Network (CEWARN). More recently, I have worked as a consultant on a community-based conflict early warning/response project in East Timor."  CV
In June 2009 he attended the Fletcher Summer Institute for Advanced Study of Nonviolent Conflict.
He blogs at http://irevolution.wordpress.com/
Affiliations (from CV)
- Director, American Council on Africa (2004-6)
- Research Assistant (2004), Center for Globalization and Sustainable Development, Earth Institute
- New Media Advisor (2009), Development Alternatives Inc. (DAI) Boston, MA
- Early Warning Consultant (2008), International Federation for Elections Systems (IFES) East Timor
- Director for Applied Research (3/2008-present), (2008 - 1/2010) Digital Activism (DigiActive) Boston, MA "Establishing Research@DigiActive and coordinating case study research on lessons learned and best practices in digital activism. Exploring partnerships with Freedom House, Open Society Institute (OSI) and International Center for Nonviolent Conflict (ICNC) to provide digital activism training. Represented DigiActive at MobileActive 2008."