Paul G. Irwin
Paul G. Irwin, The author of Losing Paradise was President and CEO of the American Bible Society (2005-2008). "At the time of the writing of Losing Paradise, Dr. Irwin was president of the Humane Society of the United States. "Dr Paul G. Irwin is an ordained minister of the United Methodist Church and was formerly an instructor at the Boston University School of Theology." 
Irwin "has served as HSUS President since 1992, and as President and CEO since 1997. He joined the HSUS in 1976, filling several key administrative roles including Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer, from 1977-1993, before assuming the presidency and then taking on the mantle of CEO when longtime President, CEO John Hoyt retired in 1997."  corruption
"Dr. Irwin has also served as president of the World Society for the Protection of Animals, Humane Society International, the Center for Respect of Life and the Environment, Earth Voice, and the International Center for Earth Concerns."
- Losing Paradise: The Growing Threat to Our Animals, Our Environment, and Ourselves (2000).
Resources and articles
- losingparadise Paul G. Irwin, organizational web page, accessed April 25, 2012.
- petsmiles Humane Society Of The U.S. Reappoints Paul G. Irwin As President And Ceo, organizational web page, accessed April 25, 2012.
- Alliance for the Earth Board, organizational web page, accessed April 25, 2012.
- Alliance for the Earth About, organizational web page, accessed April 25, 2012.