- "We are the nation's largest grassroots peace network, with chapters and affiliates in 30 states. We organize our grassroots network to place pressure on Congress and the Administration through write-in campaigns, internet actions, citizen lobbying and direct action. Through a close relationship with progressive members of Congress, we play a key role in devising strategies to move forward peace legislation, and, as a leading member of United for Peace and Justice and the Win Without War coalition, we lend our expertise and large network to achieving common goals." 
Long Range Strategy
"The chairs of the Long Range Strategy committees: JoAnn Fuller and Glen Stassen (Program), Brian Corr and Diana Onken (Governance), Steven Brion-Meisels and Mike Keller (Finance and Fundraising), Kevin Martin (Executive Director)
Members of the three committees include:
- "Program: Glen Stassen and JoAnn Fuller (chairs); Kevin Martin, Herb Rothschild, Lauri Kallio, Carol Allen, Rahul Mahajan, Elizabeth Fitzgerald, Joshua Cooper, Mario Galvan, Phyllis Gilbert, Jon Rainwater, Shelagh Foreman and Paul Martin
- "Governance: Diana Onken, Brian Corr, Kevin Martin and Danielle Babineau
- "Finance/Fundraising: Mike Keller, Steven Brion-Meisels, Kevin Martin, Peter Deccy, Bill Towe, Alpesh Patel, Don Macaulay, Rosalie Brooks, Chris Dunn and Monica Green". 
Accessed March 2008: 
- Barbra Bearden - Communication Associate
- Rosalie Brooks - Director of Finance and Administration
- Yeabu Conteh - Development Associate
- Fields Donegan - Development Associate
- Katherine Fuchs - Organizing and Policy Associate
- Seth Long - Development Associate
- Kevin Martin (Peace Action) - Executive Director
- Paul Kawika Martin - Organizing and Policy Director
- Kendra Mingo - Finance Asst.
- Eric Swanson - Database Manager
- Sarah Tarighi - National Congress Coordinator
- Cristina Ulis - Membership Data Coordinator
- Adam Waxman - Development Associate
- Jonathan Williams - SPAN Coordinator
"Friends and Allies"
Accessed March 2008: 
- Alliance for Nuclear Accountability
- Americans for Democratic Action (ADA)
- Democracy Rising
- Department of Peace Campaign
- Education for Peace in Iraq Center (EPIC)
- Friends Commitee on National Legislation (FCNL)
- International Peace Bureau
- National Priorities Project
- Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Ploughshares Fund
- Progressive Democrats of America
- Save Darfur Coalition
- Traprock Peace Center
- United for Peace and Justice (UFPJ)
- Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS)
- WAND - Womens Action for New Directions
- Win Without War
"The work of the Peace Action Education Fund is possible thanks to the generous support of the following foundations: The Paul & Edith Babson Foundation * The Bydale Foundation * Colombe Foundation * Janelia Foundation * The HKH Foundation * The New World Foundation * Peace Development Fund * Ploughshares Fund * Iraq Peace Fund, Underdog Fund, Tides Foundation * The Scherman Foundation, Inc. * Sisters of St. Joseph of the Third Order of St. Francis * Unitarian Universalist Funding Program * Courtney Knight Gaines Foundation * Sisters of Loretto * Dominican Sisters of Springfield Illinois * Working Assets Long Distance" 
- Frances B. McCrea and Gerald E. Markle, Minutes to midnight: nuclear weapons protest in America (Sage, 1989). Obtained a grant from the Institute for the Study of World Politics
- Talmadge Wright, Felix Rodriguez, and Howard Waitzkin, “Corporate Interests, Philanthropies, and the Peace Movement,” Monthly Review, February 1985.
- Adam Garfinkle, The Politics of the Nuclear Freeze (Foreign Policy Research Institute, 1984).
- Sam Marullo and John Lofland, Peace Action in the Eighties: Social Science Perspectives (Rutgers University Press, 1990).
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- William D. Hartung
- Boro Kitanoski
- Save Darfur Coalition: Organizational Members
- Progressive Media Project
- About, Peace Action, accessed March 3, 2008.
- [http://www.peace-action.org/Peace%20Action%20Long-Range%20Strategic%20Plan.pdf Peace Action Long-Range Strategic Plan Approved by the National Board of Directors : April 2005], Peace Action, accessed March 3, 2008.
- Staff, Peace Action, accessed March 3, 2008.
- Friends and Allies, Peace Action, accessed March 3, 2008.
- International Relations, Peace Action, accessed March 3, 2008.