Peace & Security Liaison Group
The NGO Peace and Security Liaison Group (PSLG) “brings together NGOs engaged in peace and security issues. The group works to establish mechanisms for policy dialogue on security-related topics between NGOs and the UK government though regular, informal meetings with government officials.” 
Members of the NGO Peace and Security Liaison Group
- British American Security Information Council (BASIC) is an independent research organisation that analyzes government policies and promotes public awareness of defence, disarmament, military strategy and nuclear policies in order to foster informed debate.
- Campaign Against Arms Trade (CAAT) is working for the reduction and ultimate abolition of the international arms trade, together with progressive demilitarisation within arms-producing countries.
- Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND) campaigns non-violently to rid the world of nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction and to create genuine security for future generations.
- Conciliation Resources (CR) serves as an international resource for local organisations pursuing peace building and conflict resolution initiatives.
- Conscience campaigns for the legal right for those who have a conscientious objection to war to have the military part of their taxes spent on peace building initiatives.
- International Alert (IA) is an independent, international non-governmental organisation that works at local, national, regional and global levels to generate conditions and processes conducive to the cessation of war and the generation of sustainable peace.
- Medact is a health professionals' organisation challenging barriers to health that highlights the health impacts of violent conflict, poverty and environmental degradation, and with others act to eradicate them.
- Oxford Research Group (ORG) undertakes and disseminates research on key security issues to inform dialogue with decision makers and public debate. Current work focuses on three broad areas: nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation; UK defence and foreign policy; and global security in the changing international environment.
- Peace Direct is an initiative to fund the resolution of conflict and the prevention of war.
- Peaceworkers UK works for the alleviation of human suffering caused by violent conflict through the promotion and encouragement of civilian strategies for the prevention, management and resolution of conflict.
- Quaker Peace and Social Witness (QPSW) represents the Religious Society of Friends in Britain on issues of peace and justice and undertakes peace building work in Israel/Palestine, the former Yugoslavia, Uganda and South Asia.
- Responding to Conflict (RTC) provides advice, cross-cultural training and longer-term support to people who are working for peace, development, rights and humanitarian assistance in societies which are affected or threatened by violent conflict.
- Saferworld is an independent non-governmental organisation that works with governments and civil society internationally to research, promote and implement new strategies to increase human security and prevent armed violence.
- United Nations Association-UK (UNA-UK) is an independent membership-based non-governmental organisation that undertakes research, advocacy, campaigning and education in support of principles and work of the United Nations.
Resources and articles
- Our Partners, Peaceworkers UK, accessed August 14, 2007.