Pedro C. Aspe was co-chair and a member of the 2005 Council on Foreign Relations' Independent Task Force on the "Future of North America".
Aspe is chief executive officer of Protego, "a leading investment banking advisory firm in Mexico. Mr. Aspe was most recently the Secretary of the Treasury of Mexico (1988-1994). He has been a Professor of Economics at Instituto Tecnologico Autonomo de Mexico (ITAM) and has held a number of positions in the Mexican government." 
"Pedro Aspe founded Protego in 1996, and serves as Protego’s Chairman of the board of directors and Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Aspe has been since 1995 a professor at the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México located in Mexico City. Mr. Aspe has held a number of positions with the Mexican government and was most recently the Minister of Finance and Public Credit of Mexico from 1988 through 1994. Mr. Aspe is a Principal, member of the Investment Committee and Chairman of the Advisory Board of Discovery Americas I L.P. Mr. Aspe serves as a director of a number of public companies, including Televisa and the McGraw Hill Companies. Mr. Aspe is a member of the Board of the Carnegie Foundation, the Advisory Board of Stanford University’s Institute of International Studies and the Visiting Committee of the Department of Economics of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Mr. Aspe also currently serves as a member of the Advisory Board of Marvin & Palmer and of MG Capital, in Monterrey, Mexico. Mr. Aspe received a B.A. in Economics from Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM) and a Ph.D. in Economics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology." 
- Senior Managing Director and Co-Chairman, Evercore
- Trustee, Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Director, Institute of the Americas
Related SourceWatch Resources
- "Building a North American Community." Report of an Independent Task Force, Sponsored by the Council on Foreign Relations with the Canadian Council of Chief Executives and the Consejo Mexicano de Asuntos Internacionales, May 2005. (70-page pdf) List of Task Force members on page 9 and information on page 40.
- Task Force Report: "Building a North American Community," Council on Foreign Relations Press, May 2005. Chairs: John P. Manley, Pedro Aspe, William F. Weld; Vice Chairs: Thomas P. D'Aquino, Andres Rozental, Robert A. Pastor.
- John Manley, Pedro Aspe, Robert A. Pastor, and William F. Weld, Transcript: "Building a North American Community: Report of the Independent Task Force on the Future of North America," Council on Foreign Relations, May 27, 2005.
- Evercore Partners Roger C. Altman, organizational web page, accessed August 3, 2012.