|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Victoria and coal|
2019 Hot Topics
Peter Cassuben is the Managing Director of Maxicom Public Relations, a Sydney-based PR firm. Cassuben is not registered as a lobbyist on either the federal government's register of lobbyists. or the Victorian government's register.
He has worked on the account of Ignite Energy Resources, a small Melbourne-based company which aims to commercialise the conversion of brown coal to oil products. He is also listed as the Communications Director of MBD Energy, an unlisted Australian company which specialises in what it refers to as "Bio Carbon Capture and Storage" technology which aim to commercially convert power station flue gases to algae which in turn yield oil and animal feed.
A biographical note states that Cassuben "has a wealth of leading edge communications experience after more than 20 years of key roles in media, government and marketing communications. A savvy and experienced communicator, marketer and creative thinker, Peter has assisted many enterprises across a range of corporate, consumer and government sectors. As a Senior Advisor and Chief of Staff to the Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Sydney 2000 Games, Peter provided communications and policy advice to the Prime Minister, Mr Howard and the Australian Government. Peter also served Ministers for Industry; Financial Services; Transport, Sport and Tourism. Prior to being employed as a Chief of Staff and Senior Advisor within the current Federal Government and leading Maxicom, Peter served as a television Producer at the Nine Network's 60 Minutes and a Reporter with ABC Television News and The 7.30 Report."
Articles and resources
- "Contact Us", Maxicom website, accessed December 2011.
- "Who is on the Register", Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, accessed December 2011.
- "who is on the Register", Public Sector Standards Commissioner website, accessed December 2011.
- Ignite Energy Resources, "Minister inspects ground breaking coal emissions abatement technology ", Media Release, December 14, 2011.
- "Communications Director: Peter Cassuben", MBD Energy website, accessed December 2011.