Peter Johan Schei
Peter Johan Schei 
- Director, Fridtjof Nansen Institute (from 2004).
- International Negotiation Director, Norwegian Directorate of Nature Management / Norwegian Ministry of the Environment (1995-2004).
- Deputy Director (1985-1989) and Director General (1989-1995), Norwegian Directorate of Nature Management.
- Various positions (including Head of Division), Norwegian Ministry of the Environment (1973-1985).
- Various research and teaching positions, University of Oslo (1966-1971).
Other selected professional experience:
- Chair of Biodiversity in WEHAB (Water Energy Health Agriculture and Biodiversity), development for UN's Secretary General for WSSD (World Summit on Sustainable Development), (2002).
- Chair of SBSTTA (Subsidiary Body for Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice under CBD) (1996-1997) and member of Bureau for SBSTTA (1994-1999).
- Chair of UNEP-Panel (The scientific and technical bases for implementation of CBD) (1992-1993).
- Head of Norwegian delegations to various conventions, including CITES, the Bern Convention, CBD, Ramsar and 'Biosafety'- protocol negotiations (1979-2004).
- Initiator of and chairman for the Trondheim Conferences on Biodiversity, 1993, 1996, 1999 and 2003.
- Series editor for CABI Publishing's Environmental Risk Assessment of Genetically Modified Organisms Series (from 2004) (see Vol 1 Vol 2 Vol 3 Vol 4).
- Chair of International Council, Birdlife International (from 2004).
- Member-at-large, Millennium Ecosystem Assessment