Philanthropy and Cultural Imperialism
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Philanthropy and Cultural Imperialism: The Foundation at Home and Abroad (Boston, Mass.: G.K. Hall, 1980), edited by Robert F. Arnove. This book has been recently republished by Indiana University Press.
- Robert F. Arnove, ‘Introduction’.
- Barbara Howe, ‘The Emergence of Scientific Philanthropy’.
- Sheila Slaughter and Edward T. Silva, ‘Looking Backwards: How Foundations Formulated Ideology in the Progressive Period’.
- Russell Marks, ‘Legitimating Industrial Capitalism: Philanthropy and Individual Differences’.
- E. Richard Brown, ‘Rockefeller Medicine in China: Professionalism and Imperialism’.
- James D. Anderson, ‘Philanthropic Control over Private Black Higher Education’.
- Edward H. Berman, ‘Educational Colonialism in Africa: The Role of American Foundations at Home and Abroad, 1910-1945’.
- Edward H. Berman]], ‘The Foundations Role in American Foreign Policy: The Case of Africa, post 1945’.
- Donald Fisher, ‘American Philanthropy and the Social Sciences: The Reproduction of a Consecutive Ideology’.
- Peter J. Seybold, ‘The Ford Foundation and the Triumph of Behavioralism in American Political Science’.
- Robert F. Arnove, ‘Foundation and the Transfer of Knowledge’.
- Dennis C. Buss, ‘The Ford Foundation in Public Education: Emergent Patterns’.
- David E. Weischadle, ‘The Carnegie Corporation and the Shaping of American Educational Policy’.
- Frank A. Darknell, ‘The Carnegie Philanthropy and Private Corporate Influence on Higher Education’.
- Mary A. C. Colwell, ‘The Foundation Connection: Links among Foundations and Recipient Organization’.
- Alex C. Michalos, "Review", Journal of Business Ethics, Volume 3, Number 1, February, 1984.
- Alex Neill, "Review", Social Indicators Research, Volume 16, Number 2, February, 1985.
- Joan Roelofs," Review of The Golden Donors by Waldemar Nielsen, and Philanthropy and Cultural Imperialism ed. by Robert Arnove" Telos (Summer 1986): 178-182.
- Steven C. Wheatley, "Review", Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, January 1984.
- "Foundations and Cultural Imperialism: An Interview with Robert Arnove", March 12, 2017.