Points of Light Foundation
The Points of Light Foundation & Volunteer Center National Network "engages and mobilizes millions of volunteers who are helping to solve serious social problems in thousands of communities. Through a variety of programs and services, the Foundation encourages people from all walks of life — businesses, nonprofits, faith-based organizations, low-income communities, families, youth, and older adults — to volunteer...
"The Foundation has gained a national reputation as America's Address for Volunteering. As President George W. Bush commented, "The Points of Light Foundation embodies America's spirit of volunteerism and the goodwill of its citizens."" 
Received a grant from the NED in 1992 (which it passed on to the Places in the Heart Foundation) to work in the Czech and Slovak Republic "To support the Prague-based Places in the Heart Foundation in its efforts to involve private citizens in civic activities and affect changes at the grass-roots level throughout the CSFR." 
- Marc Benioff - Chairman and CEO, salesforce.com
- Charles G. Berry - Partner, Arnold & Porter, Secretary
- Marcia Bullard - President and CEO, USA Weekend
- Honorable George Bush - 41st President of the U.S., Honorary Chairman
- Neil Bush - Chairman and CEO, Ignite! Inc.
- Andrew H. Card, Jr. - Chief of Staff to the President of the United States, Honorary Member
- Kevin Carroll - Senior Manager, Worldwide Community Affairs, Levi Strauss & Co./Levi Strauss Foundation, Chair, National Council on Workplace Volunteering
- Raymond G. Chambers - Chairman, Amelior Foundation, Founding Co-Chairman
- David M. Chaney - National Director, HOPE Worldwide, Chair, Connect America Partner Council
- Stephen Covey - Franklin Covey Company, Honorary Member
- Evern Cooper Epps - President, The UPS Foundation, Vice President, Corporate Relations
- Steve Cranford - CEO, Whisper
- Edward L. Gardner - President, Industrial Solvents Corp.
- Robert K. Goodwin - President and CEO, Points of Light Foundation
- John Griffin - Director & President, Momentum Solutions Group
- Adele Hall - Vice Chair
- Marian L. Heard - President and CEO, Oxen Hill Partners
- Frances Hesselbein - Chairman of the Board of Governors, Leader to Leader Institute
- Jeff Hoffman - Vice President, Disney Worldwide Outreach, The Walt Disney Company
- Bernard J. Milano - President & Trustee, KPMG Foundation
- Steven L. Miller - Chairman and President, SLM Discovery Ventures, Inc., Chairman
- J. Richard Munro - Retired Chairman, Genentech, Inc., Founding Co-Chairman
- Jackie Norris - Executive Director, Metro Volunteers, Chair, Volunteer Center National Network Council
- Honorable Mitt Romney - Governor, State of Massachusetts, Honorary Member
- Sam Singh - President and CEO, Michigan Nonprofit Association
- Louis W. Sullivan - President Emeritus, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Julie Thomas - Executive Director, Volunteer Center of North Texas
- Samuel Torrence - President and COO, Just Born, Inc.
- Kathleen Kennedy Townsend - Former Lt. Governor, State of Maryland
- Terry Williams - Retired Director, McKinsey & Company
- Harris Wofford - Case Foundation
- Travis Wright - Ph.D. Candidate, Harvard University
Resources and articles
- Democracy Projects Database, NED, accessed September 27, 2007.