Prospect Burma's "mission is to invest in the democratic future of Burma through its young people." They note that: "We educate those who will spread their knowledge and skills back to Burma for its future development." 
Prospect Burma Team
- Patron: Viscount Slim, OBE, DL
- Vice-Patron: Lady Patricia Gore-Booth - Widow of Lord Gore-Booth, formerly Ambassador to Burma, High Commissioner to India and Permanent under-secretary, Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
- Chairman: Martin Morland, CMG - British Ambassador to Burma 1986-1990 and to the UN in Geneva 1990-93.
- Vice-Chairman: Patricia Herbert, MA
- Executive Director: Ian C. Sloane - British Ambassador to Mongolia 1994-97, where he was personally responsible for the UK aid programme formulation and implementation.
- Development Officer: Beth Bluck
- Treasurer: David Le Febvre, BEM
- Honorary Adviser: Evelyn Aris - Formerly of the British Council, formerly Executive Director of Prospect Burma. Mother-in-law of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.
- Trustee: Anna Allott, OBE
- Trustee: Sir Robin Christopher, KBE, CMG
- Trustee: David Colvin, CMG
- Trustee: Michael Gorman
- Trustee: Daw Kyi Kyi May - Information Assistant with the USIS in Burma for several years before joining the BBC in London as a producer in 1983.
- Trustee: Guy Slater, MA
- Trustee: Dr. Thein Lwin