Public relations professional

From SourceWatch
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Public relations professionals, also known as "PR practitioners," "spin doctors" or (derogatorily) as "flacks," have worked as employees of public relations firms or as PR specialists for corporations, industry or individuals who hire their services. Sometimes they go by other names, such as "public affairs representatives," "community outreach specialists" or "information officers". Corporations also employ individuals to manage information under the banner of "corporate communications," "investor relations," or "media relations."