Qingshuihe captive power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Qingshuihe captive power station (兴义阳光资产经营集团清水河热电联产，兴义清水河自备电厂) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guizhou Province, China.
A 750 MW expansion has been proposed.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in the town of Qingshuihe.
Background on Project
The coal-fired power station fuels an integrated aluminum processing plant at Qingshuihe Industrial Park, owned by Xingyi Yangguang Assets Mgmt.
The aluminum processing smelter which the power plant was built for was never carried out. Instead, the local government is planning to introduce silicon-chrome-manganese processing lines and other energy-intensive manufacturing in the Industrial park to consume the electricity the power station generates. The plant is connecting to the Xingyi local power grid, which is the only local grid in Guizhou Province.
However, there have been no further developments since 2015, and plans appear shelved.
- Sponsor: Xingyi Yangguang Assets Mgmt.
- Location: Qingshuihe Town, Xingyi County, Qianxinan AP Prefecture, Guizhou Province, China
- Coordinates: 25.281825, 104.866064 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-2), Shelved (Units 3-5)
- Gross capacity: 1,450 MW (Units 1-2: 350 MW, Unit 3: 50 MW, Units 4-5: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Start date: 2015 (Units 1-2)
- Coal type: Waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "兴义清水河4×350MW自备电厂1号机组锅炉正式点火成功," 贵州省人民政府, 2015/2/3
- "兴义市煤电铝一体化资源深加工基地清水河工业园热电联产动力车间项目环评文件受理公示," Guizhou Province Government website, 2014-05-29
- "清水河自备电厂1号机组锅炉点火成功," 金州网, 2015-02-05
- "惊人的“兴义速度” 意气风发奔小康," Guizhou Daily, 2017-10-26
- "贵州清水河开发区：以煤电化一体化为发展方向," China net, 2016-11-4
- "贵州省能源局局长张应伟调研黔西南州电力体制改革工作," 北极星电力网, 2015-05-28