Qinhuangdao-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Qinhuangdao-2 power station (河北建投神华国能秦皇岛发电公司) is a 1,630-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Hebei Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Haigang District, Qinhuangdao Prefecture, Hebei Province.
Background on Plant
Qinhuangdao-2 power station is a six-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 1,630 MW. The plant was completed between 1992 and 2007, and is majority-owned by Hebei Construction & Investment Group.
- Units 1-4: Hebei Construction & Investment Group, National Energy Investment Group
- Units 5-6: Hebei Construction & Investment Group (40%), Datong Coal Mining Group (40%), Hebei Chenlong Technical Development (20%)
- Location: Haigang District, Qinhuangdao Prefecture, Hebei Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.945305, 119.6430272 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,630 MW (Units 1 & 2: 215 MW; Units 3-6: 300 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1992-93 (Units 1 & 2); 1996 (Units 3 & 4); 2007 (Units 5 & 6)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Qinhuangdao-2 Powerplant, Enipedia, accessed Sept. 2015.