RCTV is a private Venezuelan media network (see wikipedia page)
- Director of RCTV, Marcel Granier
In August 2007, Chris Carlson reported that: "The president of Venezuela's RCTV, Eladio Larez, is no stranger to the CIA. In fact, Eladio's contact with the agency goes back nearly twenty years. Back in 1989, Larez helped the CIA funnel money through Venezuela to the Nicaraguan opposition as they worked to topple the Sandinista government through massive violence and destabilization. Larez was actually so kind as to set up a fraudulent foundation in Venezuela, called the National Foundation for Democracy, as a front organization to receive money from the CIA and pass it on to fund the operations of a major opposition newspaper in Nicaragua." 
Resources and articles
- Chris Carlson, "The CIA's Attempts to Destabilize Venezuela: How RCTV President’s CIA Connection Links Venezuela and Nicaragua", Global Research, August 11, 2007.
- Gregory Wilpert, "RCTV and Freedom of Speech in Venezuela: Censorship or Democratization?", Counterpunch, June 4, 2007.
- "Pilger on Reporters Without Borders and RCTV", The New Media Machines, June 8, 2007. (6 minute video)
- Medialens, "Chavez And RCTV - Tilting The Balance Against 'The Bad Guy'", Medialens, June 13, 2007.
- Eva Golinger interviewed by Sam King, "US Continues Destabilisation Push in Venezuela", Green Left Weekly, July 03, 2007.
- Salim Lamrani, "Reporters Without Borders and RCTV: Disinformation and Lies", Znet, July 05, 2007.
- Mark Weisbrot, "Eyes Wide Shut: The International Media Looks at Venezuela", International Business Times, August 14, 2007.