Various religious organizations also take active roles in the public sphere on social and political issues. Some of the more significant ones are linked below.
Many, but not all, of these organizations can be described as "religious right", a catchall term for groups that are involved in socially conservative activism. This may include advocacy for prayer or against evolution in public schools, and against pornography, abortion, violence in media, homosexuality, embryonic stem cell research, drugs, and related issues.
- American Family Association
- Campus Crusade for Christ
- Christian Coalition of America
- Cult Awareness Network
- Discovery Institute: pro-creationism
- Exclusive Brethren
- Family Research Council
- The Fellowship
- Family Research Institute of Wisconsin
- Far East Broadcasting Group
- Focus on the Family
- Institute for Religion and Democracy
- Summit Ministries