Research Institute for Asia and the Pacific
The Research Institute for Asia and the Pacific (RIAP) "is a research and training unit within the International Portfolio of the University of Sydney.
"Founded in 1989, RIAP initiates, develops and manages multidisciplinary projects that support the international development priorities of the University. RIAP also plays a role in supporting the foreign policy outreach activities of the Australian government and organisations, and the capacity building needs of countries in the Asia Pacific region...
"Our clients include foreign governments, domestic and multinational private enterprises, aid agencies such as AusAID, and multilateral trade forums and development bodies such as APEC, World Bank, Asian Development Bank and UN agencies. 
In 2000, RIAP held a conference on Media and Democratization in the Asia Pacific. Organised in cooperation with the CDI and ANU the conference also marked the launch of a new book Losing Control: Freedom of the Press in Asia, editied by Roland Rich and Louise Williams. 
RIAP Council 2005/06 
- Ben Boer - Faculty of Law, University of Sydney
- Justine Butler - Community Partnerships Manager, Australian Stock Exchange
- Hugh Clarke - School of Asian Studies, University of Sydney
- Janet Conroy - Centre for English Teaching, University of Sydney
- Reg Fisk - Investment Division NSW State & Regional Development
- Nina Fudala - Executive Secretary Foreign Correspondents' Association
- John Hearn - Deputy Vice-Chancellor (International), University of Sydney
- Phil Hirsch - Geosciences, University of Sydney
- Tim Hirst - Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), University of Sydney
- Nick Johnson - (Chair) Chief Executive Officer, Barclays Capital Australia
- Daphne Kok - Magistrate Licensing Court of NSW
- Kevin Laws - School of Policy & Practice, University of Sydney
- Raj Logaraj - National President Australia-Singapore CCI
- Gordon MacAulay - Agricultural Economics, University of Sydney
- Maxine McKew - Journalist & Presenter, Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Diane Ranck - College of Health Science, University of Sydney
- Ross Sutton - Managing Director, Aus Health International
- Rod Tiffen - Dept of Govt & International Relations, University of Sydney
- Mack Williams - Director, Mack Williams & Associates
Resources and articles
- ↑ Who We Are, Research Institute for Asia and the Pacific, accessed September 18, 2007.
- ↑ [Research Insitute for Asia and the Pacific Annual Report 2000], University of Sydney, accessed September 18, 2007.
- ↑ People, Research Institute for Asia and the Pacific, accessed September 18, 2007.