"Ricardo Navarro founded the Salvadoran Center for Appropriate Technology (CESTA) to address his country's critical environmental and social needs. El Salvador's protracted civil war hurt the environment to such an extent that it is now the most degraded country in the Western Hemisphere after Haiti.
"As president of CESTA - El Salvador's largest environmental NGO - Navarro, an engineer by training, has worked in partnership with urban and rural communities to provide technical assistance for an array of appropriate technologies." 
- Winner of the 1995 Goldman Environmental Prize
- Executive Committee, Friends of the Earth International  (former chairman)
- International Steering Committee, Global Action to Prevent War
- South Council, 50 Years Is Enough
- Honorary Director, One Sky