"Educated at Rugby School and Pembroke College, Cambridge, Richard first worked in the timber and building material supply industry, later becoming managing director of Jewson and then chairman of its parent company. He retired from Meyer International in 1993 before taking on the role of chairman of Savills plc for more than ten years.
"Richard serves as Pro-Chancellor of the University of East Anglia, Patron of the Norfolk Community Foundation and Chairman of the Trustees of East Anglia Art Foundation. He is also a patron or president of a range of voluntary and charitable organisations in Norfolk, as well as Lord Lieutenant of Norfolk."
- Patron, NORCAS
- Chair, Tritax Big Box REIT plc 
- Patron, Childhood First 
- Chair, Raven Property Group 
Resources and articles
- NORCAS Patrons, organizational web page, accessed April 12, 2013.
- Tritax Big Box REIT plc Board, organizational web page, accessed December 18, 2013.
- Childhood First People, organizational web page, accessed November 19, 2014.
- Raven Property Group Directors, organizational web page, accessed June 13, 2018.