Professor Lord Robert Skidelsky is a professor of economics at the University of Warwick. He is known also as the biographer of John Maynard Keynes.
He is cross bench member of the House of Lords.
Founder and Chairman of the Centre for Global Studies (2002-now). Chaired Social Market Foundation (1991-2001), one of Britain's most influential think tanks. Raised approximately Â£1 million for this organization as Chairman; Trustee, Our Talents Foundation (2003-now); Trustee, Manhattan Institute
Non-Executive Director of Janus Capital Inc, previously Stilwell (5th largest mutual fund company in the United States), (2001 - now); Consultant to the Russian Investor Protection Association (2003-now); Director, Transnational Insights Ltd. (2003-now)
- Winner of the 2002 Council on Foreign Relations: Arthur Ross Book Award
- Advisory Board, Institute for New Economic Thinking 
- Member, Balanced Migration 
- Advisory board, John Smith Memorial Trust 
- John Maynard Keynes: Hopes Betrayed 1883-1920, Robert Skidelsky, Papermac, 1992, ISBN 033357379X (US Edition: ISBN 014023554X)
- John Maynard Keynes: The Economist as Saviour 1920-1937, Robert Skidelsky, Papermac, 1994, ISBN 0333584996 (US Edition: ISBN 0140238069)
- John Maynard Keynes: Fighting for Britain 1937-1946 (published in the United States as Fighting for Freedom), Robert Skidelsky, Papermac, 2001, ISBN 0333779711 (US Edition: ISBN 0142001678)