Robin Chandler Duke
Ms. Robin Chandler Duke, "of New York City, New York, began her career at the New York Journal American in the 1940s as a writer on women’s issues.
"She subsequently joined a New York brokerage firm, Orvis Brothers, as a Registered Representative of the New York Stock Exchange. Ambassador Duke served on the Board of Directors of American Home Products (a major American pharmaceutical company), Rockwell International (a major contractor for the space shuttle), International Flavors and Fragrances, and a major New York bank.
"Prior to becoming US Ambassador to Norway, Ms. Duke was a Director of the US-Japan Foundation, the Lucile and David Packard Foundation and the United Nations Association of the United States. She served as Vice Chairman of the Institute of International Education and was on its Advisory Board. She was a Co-Chair of the Millennium Project of the Friends of Art and Preservation in Embassies project to make a gift to the nation of 200 works of original American art. She formed the original committee for the Restoration of Blair House in the Kennedy Administration.
"In 1980, President Carter accorded Ms. Duke the Personal Rank of Ambassador during her service as the Chair of the US Delegation to the 21st Session of the United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization held in Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
"Ms. Duke is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and a fellow of the Academy of Arts and Sciences. She served with her late husband, Angier Biddle Duke, when he was Ambassador in Spain, Denmark and Morocco and in Washington where he was Chief of Protocol for Presidents Kennedy and Johnson." 
"In 1961 Duke met U.S. Ambassador Angier Biddle Duke, and they were married seven months later. Her commitment to family planning efforts led her to take on an extraordinary variety of roles. She served as president of NARAL Pro-Choice America, president of the National Abortion Rights Action Committee, consultant for the United Nation Fund for Population Activities, chair of Population Action International, trustee of the Planned Parenthood Foundation, and U.S. ambassador to Norway." 
- Director, United Nations Association of the United States of America
- Director, World Childhood Foundation
- Trustee, United States-Japan Foundation
- Life Trustee, Institute of International Education
- Emeriti Trustee, David and Lucile Packard Foundation 
- Board of Overseers, International Rescue Committee
- Emeritus Chair, Population Action International 
- Emeriti Director, Charles A. and Anne Morrow Lindbergh Foundation 
- Advisory Board, Tolstoy Foundation 
- Winner (1997), Margaret Sanger Award 
Resources and articles
- Robin Chandler Duke, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, accessed November 25, 2011.
- Trustees Emeriti, David and Lucile Packard Foundation, accessed September 16, 2007.
- Directors, Population Action International, accessed May 1, 2008.
- Directors, Charles A. and Anne Morrow Lindbergh Foundation, accessed November 20, 2009.
- Board, Tolstoy Foundation, accessed December 19, 2010.
- Margaret Sanger Award, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, accessed November 25, 2011.
- "Biography", Accessed January 2007.