Ronald E. Meisburg
Ronald Edward Meisburg, of Virginia, was nominated February 10, 2006, by President George W. Bush to be General Counsel of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) for a term of four years, vice Arthur F. Rosenfeld, whose term has expired.
Meisberg was appointed January 4, 2006, by President Bush to be NLRB General Counsel in a recess appointment. Meisburg was nominated June 30, 2005, for the same position by President Bush. His nomination had been sent to the Senate for confirmation on June 30, 2005, but he was not confirmed.
He was thrice before nominated to the NRLB by President Bush, resulting in two recess appointments and one withdrawn nomination: .
- Nominated for the remainder of a five-year term expiring August 27, 2008, but received a recess appointment December 26, 2003, and was sworn in January 12, 2004. 
- Nomination renewed January 21, 2004.
- Nominated January 24, 2005, for the term of five years expiring August 27, 2008, vice Rene Acosta, who resigned. The nomination was sent to the Senate for confirmation.
- Meisburg's "nomination for the vacant Republican Board seat was withdrawn" June 30, 2005, "opting instead to nominate Meisburg to serve a four-year term as NLRB general counsel." 
"Prior to joining the Board, Mr. Meisburg had been a shareholder with Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C. in Washington, D.C. He previously was a partner with Heenan, Althen & Roles in Washington, and served at the U.S. Department of Labor in the Office of the Solicitor of Labor. While at the Department of Labor, Mr. Meisburg served in the Division of Employee Benefits and the Division of Mine Safety and Health and was awarded the Secretary of Labor's Distinguished Achievement Award. He received a B.A. degree from Carson-Newman College in 1969 and a J.D. from the University of Louisville in 1974.
"Mr. Meisburg was president of the Energy and Mineral Law Foundation (1994 - 1995); a member of the Employment Lawyers Advisory Council of the National Association of Manufacturers (1996 - 1998); and a member of the Industrial Relations Committee of the U.S. Council for International Business (1993 - 1998)." 
- Profile: Ronald Edward Meisburg, NLRB website.
Articles & Commentary
- "President Bush Nominates Ronald E. Meisburg to the NLRB," Labor Law Blog, January 25, 2005.
- "Bush Nominates Meisburg to Serve as NLRB General Counsel, ABC Calls on Administration to Fill Vacancies," Associated Builders and Contractors, June 30, 2005.
- Tom Ichnioski, "Bush Fills NLRB Slot Through Recess Appointment," ENR News Record, January 6, 2006.