"In the seventies she dropped out of her maths degree at the University of Kent to become the founder of Spare Rib, the seminal radical feminist magazine. From there, she went on to have a multitude of journalistic incarnations, including editor at The Express, The Independent and The Independent on Sunday, as well as being the first and only ever female editor of the men’s lifestyle magazine Esquire (UK)." 
"She is a Trustee of the Hay Festival and of Warchild, the charity for children affected by war."  Her husband is Charlie Howard QC. In 1989 she divorced her first husband the late David Leitch. 
- Executive Board, The Eden Project
- Advisory Panel (2009), Resurgence 
- Patron, School Food Matters 
- Advisory board, Jurassica 
Resources and articles
- huffingtonpost Rosie Boycott Talks Journalism, Caitlin Moran and Lady Gaga, organizational web page, accessed April 4, 2012.
- Telegraph Rosie Boycott: I didn't think I'd feel like this at 60, organizational web page, accessed April 4, 2012.
- The Eden Project Who's who, organizational web page, accessed March 25, 2012.
- The Guardian The interview: Rosie Boycott, organizational web page, accessed March 28, 2012.
- Resurgence Magazine, March/April 2009.
- School Food Matters About, organizational web page, accessed October 17, 2013.
- About, Jurassica, accessed January 30, 2015.